Please do not feed your dog chocolate.
Give your pup the box to play with, not the chocolate egg inside.
Theobromine and caffeine
Are highly poisonious to your dog. Depending on the Chocolate type ie, white, milk, dark, and how much your dog has eaten per gram to kg of dog weight, please see calculator for a rough guild, please seek vetenary advise for reassurance and further advice.
A toy is much more fun than a trip to the vet
Your dog can still enjoy Easter with you.
Helpful ways your dog can still enjoy Easter with you and your family.
- Train your dog to avoid chocolate by training it to leave chocolate, reward the "leave" with a tasty treat of high value, ie a treat your dog will really enjoy.
- Buy a Dog safe chocolate from a reputably dog food shop (personal I wouldn't but if you must)
- Buy a Easter chew toy, soft toy, or egg shaped ball, so your dog can still enjoy the celebration but without the chocolate.
- Give your dog a really chicken egg unpainted.
- Teach your children to put their eggs away out of reach from your dog and explain why chocolate is so nice for us, but really bad for dogs. (children enjoy responsibility)